Working up a sweat demands focus as Vanessa Hudgens proves, flashing her toned stomach in a hip-hop themed tank top.
The actress, 24, wore the cropped tee, inspired by rapper Kendrick Lamar’s song B****, Don’t Kill My Vibe, on the way to a North Hollywood gym Friday, where she brought along younger sister Stella and boldly displayed her belly button ring.
Ready for the heat, Vanessa paired the tank with a black sports bra, silver sneakers, black and white flowered leggings and shades, and let her long, wavy locks blow in the wind.
Though the Disney star rose to fame singing teen anthems, she’s displayed a more cutting edge look in recent years, mirroring the progression of her career.
She starred in the sex and drug infused film Spring Breakers earlier this year, and also has a role in Robert Rodriguez’s new movie Machete Kills, the third in a series of Grindhouse exploitation pictures.
In a new interview with Marie Claire, Vanessa describes herself as a ‘good girl gone bada**,’ according to the L.A. Times.
On her darker roles, she says: ‘I’m so comfortable with myself — honing in on what I love and what makes me powerful…Things I’ve been doing lately, I’m super-proud of. So I don’t really care if someone doesn’t like it, because I love it.’
Vanessa began sounding the alarms back in April 2011 when she was seen at Coachella digging into a small bag and licking a white substance off her fingers.
She clarifies drug allegations in the Marie Claire interview, explaining it was white chocolate and not cocaine.
‘I couldn’t do anything but laugh,’ Vanessa says. ‘It’s amazing how people like to create something out of absolutely nothing. I am human like everyone else.’
Currently, Vanessa’s filming Kitchen Sink, a story about teenagers trying to save the world from aliens with the help of a few zombies and vampires.
The ‘High School Musical’ talent appears to be carrying through with this grown-up persona in her fashion choices, consistently showing off her middriff.
On Wednesday, she donned a cropped top flashing a marijuana plant, which she coupled with cut-off shorts and knee-high boot sandals.
Her ombre highlights almost perfectly reflected her evolving personality.
Not that she doesn’t keep up with her duties as big sis and motivator.
Vanessa and Stella appear to be inseparable these days, seen grocery shopping and hiking together over the past week.
The older Hudgens stripped down to her bikini on their foray into the Malibu canyons Monday, where she offered inspirational words courtesy of electronic artist James Blake on her Instagram.
‘So be the girl you loved, Be the girl you loved. #jamesblake #retrograde #climbingboulders #hiking #natureReset #malibucreek #latergram’
- Vanessa Hudgens Sports Bikini for Hike with Stella! (justjared.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens Gets Meter Money from Photographers! (justjared.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens is Marie Claire US’s October cover star! (myfashionlife.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens Strips Down to Bikini Top for Hike in Malibu – See the Pics! (Forevervogue.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens Strips Down to Bikini Top for Hike in Malibu–See the Pics! (eonline.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens Wants “Kids and an Oscar” In the Future, Talks Being a Role Model in Marie Claire (eonline.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens: All grown up and doing things her way (oddonion.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens Channels Bianca Jagger For Marie Claire (fashionsvictims.wordpress.com)
- Celeb Nails: Vanessa Hudgens (thedailyvarnish.com)
- Vanessa Hudgens Wants an Oscar (people.com)