There may be a 22 year age gap between them, but Julia Roberts and Taylor Swift looked to be getting on like a house on fire on Monday.
The pair shared a giggle as they caught up at the after party for Julia’s forthcoming movie August: Osage County and James Corden film One Chance, both produced by The Weinstein Company.
Taylor provides a song for the film which follows the rise of Britain’s Got Talent opera singer Paul Potts, with her song Sweeter Then Fiction playing over the final credits.
At one point, they even seemed to be sharing a hilarious joke, with Julia grabbing onto Taylor’s hands laughing uproariously.
Both women glammed up for their evening out, with Julia sporting a bright red embroidered Dolce & Gabbana mini dress complete with bell sleeves which she paired with nude peep toe shoes and a clutch bag.
And Taylor, 23, flashed the flesh in a slinky white Calvin Klein dress with cut-out sides and back, which clung to her every curve.
Perhaps the singer was hoping to get some tips from Julia about a possible future acting career – she told the Daily Mail she wanted to be more involved in movies and didn’t rule out starring in one.
Taylor said: ‘When the right one comes along I’ll be there.’
- Taylor Swift & Brenton Thwaites: Toronto Film Festival Party Pair (justjared.com)
- Julia Roberts Makes Red-Hot Red Carpet Return While August: Osage County Gains Oscar Buzz (Forevervogue.com)
- James Corden admits to being dubbed in Paul Potts biopic One Chance (metro.co.uk)
- “Valentine’s Day” Is More Like Déjà Vu (mrmovietimes.com)
- James Corden admits he’s no Paul Potts as his singing is dubbed in One Chance (walesonline.co.uk)
- Julia Roberts & Ewan McGregor: ‘August: Osage County’ TIFF Premiere! (justjared.com)
- One Chance – first look review (theguardian.com)
- It’s Lederhosen and German Costumes for Taylor Swift (costumesupercenter.com)
- Taylor Swift hangs out with Britain’s Got Talent’s Paul Potts – and writes a song about him too (mirror.co.uk)
- Toronto: Weinstein’s Premiere Marathon Delivers Huge Reaction For Oscar-Bait ‘August: Osage County’ – But Will It Divide Audiences? (m.deadline.com)