It seems Gwyneth Paltrow narrowly escaped disaster while riding a scooter through the streets of LA with her daughter on Wednesday.
The 40-year-old was caught on camera pulling out in front of a moving school bus while driving with Apple, 9, on the back.
The driver of the heavy vehicle appeared to brake after spotting the pair, avoiding a collision by mere seconds.
Her husband Chris Martin, 36, and son Moses, 7, were trailing behind on another vespa.
Scroll down for video…
The actress appeared unaware of the near miss
The couple were making the most of the warm weather, choosing to ride bikes rather than take a car for the family outing.
Clad in a light grey top with shorts and beige sandals, she had summer written all over her.
Along with a white helmet which matched her white Vespa, Gwyneth had on black gloves.
Chris was more dressed down in blue slacks, multi-coloured trainers, and a dark grey T-shirt with the word SOHO written on it. He too sported a pair of gloves.
The actress opened up about her life in the June issue of Glamour UK, admitting that she’s had some very tough times in her life.
‘It’s hard being married,’ she confessed.
‘You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We’re the same as any couple.
‘I asked my dad once, “How did you and Mum stay married for 33 years?” And he said, “Well, we never wanted to get divorced at the same time.” And I think that’s what happens.
‘When two people throw in the towel at the same time, then you break up, but if one person’s saying, “Come on, we can do this,” you carry on.’
But the cover girl says she and her husband are ‘good friends.’
‘I’m a very grounded, homey person and Chris is a very mad scientist, genius songwriter,’ she said.
‘So I never say “Where are you? You should be home by now.” I never place demands on him because I think he’s a really talented man and he’s putting something good into the world.’
The star also admitted that she has experienced a lot of suffering.
‘I’ve had a great deal of suffering in my life. I’ve lost people—my first cousin, my best friend in a car accident. I’ve had a lot of things happen to me that I don’t talk about in the press.
‘I’ve had a lot of really heartbreaking, difficult things,’ she continued. ‘But all of those things have
- Gwyneth Paltrow Cuts Off A School Bus (laist.com)
- The terrifying moment Gwyneth Paltrow almost gets hit by a school bus while riding scooter with daughter Apple (dailymail.co.uk)
- Gwyneth Paltrow As You’ve Never Seen Her (celebs.answers.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Cut Off A School Bus On A Vespa (thesuperficial.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow — A-HOLE DRIVER OF THE YEAR … Cuts Off School Bus On Vespa (tmz.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Has Close Call On Scooter (contactmusic.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Narrowly Avoids Nasty Collision with School Bus (gawker.com)
- Weird Celebrity Baby Names (celebs.answers.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Cuts Off School Bus on Scooter [VIDEO] (getitwrighthere.com)
- Gwyneth Paltrow did what on a scooter with her child on board? (theglobeandmail.com)