She scored an Academy Award in 2010 for The Blind Side.
But Sandra Bullock revealed that she ‘didn’t feel worthy’ of her Oscar while attending a Gravity press conference in Toronto Monday.
The brunette actress easily defied her 49 years in a bright pink-patterned sleeveless frock and nude stilettos.
SCROLL DOWN FOR TRAILER
The visual effects-heavy 3D film – due out October 4 – also stars George Clooney and was helmed by Alfonso Cuarón.
Sandra won the role after the director’s first choices, Angelina Jolie and Natalie Portman, turned it down.
Hollywood smile: The Miss Congeniality star could have benefited from lipstick, but otherwise looked radiant as she sat alongside crew members of her sci-fi thriller
The difficult shoot required her to be suspended from 12 wires in a 9-by-9-foot, LED-lit cube to give it the weightless feel of outer space.
Bullock is already garnering Oscar buzz for her role as astronaut Dr. Ryan Stone, who becomes stranded in space following a catastrophic event.
But the Golden Globe winner pointed out that she still ‘didn’t feel worthy of it when I got it’ the first time.
‘I still haven’t gotten around to having my moment with it yet. Maybe one day it will come. What it does do is make you realize how hard you have to work to earn it.’
And while Cuarón, producer David Heyman, and screenwriter Jonas Cuaron were all present, George Clooney was busy shooting Tomorrowland in Vancouver.
Bullock revealed that her three-year-old adopted son Louis is Clooney’s biggest fan.
‘My son thinks he’s a very cool dude. If there was a choice between me and George and Alfonso, my son will leave to go with George and the guys,’ the doting mother said.
‘He asked, “Where’s George and Rande [Gerber]? I need them.” We went to meet with them and they had man time. I stood off to the side and waited for them to finish, and then I was allowed to take him back.’
- How Sandra Bullock and George Clooney approached the physical challenges of ‘Gravity’ (o.canada.com)
- Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity” predictable but stunning sci-fi: review (panarmenian.net)
- ‘Gravity’ just might exert its pull on Oscar voters (latimes.com)
- TIFF 2013: Sandra Bullock calls making ‘Gravity’ ‘lonely’ (latimes.com)
- Gravity Lands to Acclaim at TIFF (theepochtimes.com)
- Sandra Bullock Stars In The Breath-Taking New ‘Gravity’ Trailer (contactmusic.com)
- Alfonso Cuaron Returns to the Bigscreen After Seven Years With ‘Gravity’ (variety.com)
- Iridescent Announces the Gravity Design Challenge on Curiosity Machine Inspired by the Warner Bros. Pictures Theatrical Release of GRAVITY (prweb.com)
- ‘Gravity’ Trailer: Life in Space Is Impossible (slashfilm.com)
- Is Sandra Bullock’s ‘Gravity’ Really The Best Space Movie Ever? (contactmusic.com)