They may have only got engaged a matter of weeks ago, but it doesn’t look like Perrie Edwards will have to wait too long before she ties the knot with Zayn Malik.
The pop heartthrob and the Little Mix singer are said to be planning to wed in the next couple of months, as they are ‘dreading’ spending long periods of time apart when Zayn tours Australia alongside his One Direction bandmates Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ‘Ideally, they want to be married for Christmas. They’re dreading the long separation when the band go to Australia and New Zealand early next year.
‘Zayn flew back regularly when they were in the States but won’t be able to do it as often from there. Perrie is planning to visit but they’re going to be spending a long time apart, which they think will be eased if they tie the knot.’
The boyband hunk popped the question last month, just days before the London premiere of One Direction’s movie, This Is Us.
But despite their relatively short engagement, the adorable couple – both 20 – are already said to be discussing potential venues in exotic destinations.
Young love: The couple are said to be ‘dreading’ spending long periods of time apart as One Direction tour Australia and New Zealand early next year
The insider added: ‘They’d originally decided they wanted to fit in a wedding between October and May, but they’re so excited, they want to do it sooner rather than later.
‘Zayn is talking about where they could get wed. It’s looking like it will be on a beach somewhere exotic and they’ll fly everyone out there.’
Zayn confirmed his engagement to Perrie late last month, telling Capital FM: ‘It’s cool, it’s really cool, we’re really happy.’
The rumour mill had gone into overdrive just a couple of days earlier, when Perrie arrived at the This Is Us premiere wearing a glittering diamond ring on her engagement finger.
The Geordie beauty’s excited mother, Debbie Duffy, later confirmed: ‘It’s official. I’m over the moon. They are really in love.
‘It’s wonderful because Zayn is absolutely gorgeous. It’s true they got engaged on Sunday and it’s absolutely lovely.
‘Perrie loves him to pieces and it’s perfect. They get on so well together and understand each other. It’s just fabulous.’
The young couple originally started dating in December 2011 after meeting on set of The X Factor, where Perrie was a finalist alongside Little Mix bandmates Jade Thirlwall, Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock.
Although their first attempt at a relationship ended after a few weeks, the couple started dating officially in April 2012.
However, their romance was rocked in January this year when waitress Courtney Webb claimed she spent the night with the pop heartthrob at his London home.
Despite their troubles, Zayn has tried to prove his love for Perrie by getting a cartoon version of her image tattooed on his arm.
A spokesperson for Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards has been contacted for comment by MailOnline.
- One Direction’s Zayn Malik to marry Little Mix fiancée Perrie Edwards ‘by Christmas’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Zayn Malik starts new fitness routine to get in shape for his big day (thecelebculture.com)
- One Direction’s Zayn Malik And Perry Edwards Use Skype To See Each Other When They Are Away! (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
- Zayn Malik Is Engaged, Which Doesn’t Mean I’m Not Still Wearing My ‘The Future Mrs. Malik’ T-Shirts! (buzzworthy.mtv.com)
- Zayn Malik’s engagement confirmed new Perrie Edwards’ mother has confirmed her daughter is engaged to Zayn Malik. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Will Have A Muslim Wedding – Report (hollywoodlife.com)
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards: Their Love Leading To Engagement (hollywoodlife.com)
- Zayn Malik Engaged To Perrie Edwards: Fans React On Twitter (hollywoodlife.com)
- One Direction’s Zayn Malik: Fiancée Perrie Edwards and I keep our love life alive via Skype (metro.co.uk)
- Zayn Malik And Perrie Edwards Engaged – Report (contactmusic.com)