He’s the highest paid actor to pull on James Bond’s famous tuxedo – so he can probably afford the very best of the best.
Indeed, the 45-year-old actor is understood to be interested in purchasing the 1,050 acre Dalby Hall Estate in Lincolnshire for £12 million following an extensive house-hunt that has already seen him linked to other properties in rural Warwickshire and Wiltshire.
According to RadarOnline, Craig now has his heart set on the Victorian pile, which covers 10,000 square feet and boasts eight bedrooms, six bathrooms and four half-bathrooms.
A library, banquet hall and service wing are also included, while nearby Fordington farmhouse – which is part of the property – contains an additional four bedrooms.
With more than ten fireplaces at the owner’s disposal, there’s also no chance of catching a chill during those long winter nights.
The Grade III listed building, set in mature parkland, also includes a coach-house, 7 cottages, 3 farmyards a trout lake and its very own airstrip – perfect for anyone seeking complete privacy.
Residents in nearby Louth are said to be shaken, but not stirred by the possibility of rubbing shoulders with Craig and wife Rachel Weisz.
A regular at local pub The Wheatsheaf Inn told The Telegraph that he had seen the 007 star, but failed to recognise him.
He said: ‘Daniel came in for a quiet drink, but I didn’t recognise him because I haven’t seen any of his films.’
The actor – who married Enduring Love co-star Weisz in 2011 – had previously been linked to home in Lapworth, Warwickshire for the comparatively inexpensive price of £3 million.
Craig reportedly paid a visit to the area late in 2012 – although reports suggesting he had already purchased the five bedroom home were later dismissed by local residents.
The Chester born star was also rumoured to be checking out homes in Ramsbury, Wiltshire before setting his sights on Dalby Hall.
Craig and Weisz already own homes in New York’s East Village and London, while Weisz is understood to have paid $2.1 million for a home in Woodstock hamlet Marbletown, New York in 2008.
The actor is one of the most successful actors to play suave secret agent james Bond – despite having only appeared in three movies.
Earlier this yeat it emerged that Craig is the highest-earning James Bond in history, having signed a contract that will earn him a massive £31 million for the next two 007 movies.
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz eyeing up English estate? (contactmusic.com)
- Lincolnshire town shaken by Daniel Craig rumour (telegraph.co.uk)
- Daniel Craig marries: Rachel Weisz becomes his Bond girl (ritani.com)
- Daniel Craig Shaken, Stirred by Paparazzi–See Bond Flip the Bird! (eonline.com)
- Mike Nichols returns to adultery in ‘Betrayal’ (miamiherald.com)
- Daniel Craig aiming to reclaim ‘some of the old James Bond irony’ for next 007 film, even though he admits he can’t ham it up (mirror.co.uk)
- Rachel Weisz Secretly Marries Daniel Craig (binsidetv.net)
- Best Bond Car Chases Montage (evanshalshaw.com)
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz to act married (express.co.uk)
- Mike Nichols returns to adultery in ‘Betrayal’ (sacbee.com)