Someone call the fire department because Taylor Kinney is about to set some hearts on fire.
As the boyfriend of one of the world’s most famous pop stars Taylor is often forced to take a backseat, but on Thursday, he was right front and centre off all the action in the set of Chicago Fire.
The 32-year-old looked every inch the real firefighter as he prepared to film a very dramatic scene for the second season of the NBC series in Chicago.
So dramatic was the scene that as he turned up to film, the former Vampire Diaries star looked generally shocked as he saw the set for the first time.
And no wonder. For the scene Taylor – who plays rescue squad leader Kelly Severide – had to rush to the top of a building where a car had gone off the edge and was threatening to come crashing down.
While most television series would film such a scene inside a studio and low to the ground, for this show the star actually had to go to the top of the eight storey building for the on-camera rescue.
Wow! So dramatic was the scene that as he turned up to film, the former Vampire Diaries star looked generally shocked as he saw the set for the first time
While the car was, of course, safely secured, from the ground it appeared to be danging over the edge having gone through a guard rail.
For the scene, Taylor’s character bravely risks his own life by climbing on to the back of the vehicle to try to rescue its occupants.
Also on set was fellow television heartthrob Jesse Spencer, who plays no nonsense lieutenant Matthew Casey.
The Australian actor did not appear to have a role in the rescue but was in full costume.
As Taylor filmed his scene, the 34-year-old former House star took some time out on set to share a laugh with co-star Lauren German.
The pair casual propped themselves up against one of the production’s fire trucks and chatted away as they waited for their turn to film.
The show – which is produced by Law & Orders’ creator Dick Wolf – took many by surprise when it first aired last year and saw high viewer ratings almost immediately.
So popular has the show been, that not only is NBC filming a second season, it has just started production on a spin off show Chicago PD.
The second season of Chicago Fire, despite still being filmed , will air September 24.
- Taylor Kinney & Jesse Spencer: ‘Chicago Fire’ Studs! (justjared.com)
- Taylor Kinney & Jesse Spencer: NBC’s Summer TCA Tour! (justjared.com)
- Chicago Fire – 2×01 – Press Release (popfangirls.com)
- Animals Rescued after Oklahoma Tornado Available for Adoption (local.allstate.com)
- ‘Chicago PD’, NBC’s New Police Drama, To Film New Scenes Around Chicago (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Season 2 Spoilers: Casey and Dawson’s Future Relationship, Possible Pregnancy Surprise (latinospost.com)
- Chicago Fire (2012) – Serial TV (cinefilm90.wordpress.com)
- Nissan the New Star of India (evanshalshaw.com)
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Season 2 Spoilers: Benny to Return, Severide’s Past to Be Revealed (latinospost.com)
- Putting out the Fire, Chicago Style (wgnradio.com)