Carrie Underwood sure knows how to keep her cool.
The singer tripped over in 5inch heels while mid-song on stage in Texas on Thursday night, but proved to be the consummate professional and kept on singing.
The stumble was a shock to fans who witnessed the country star get her shoe caught in her the back of her long top and fall backwards. (The moment was caught on film by a concert goer jenniferr2015 and posted on Instagram.)
The accident resulted in the Blown Away singer getting a large cast on her left foot.
Scroll down for video…
The incident, which took place in the town of Corpus Christi, looked quite painful, but the performer took it all with a grain of salt, making jokes about the whole thing.
‘Hey, remember that time in Corpus Christi when that girl busted her butt on stage?! Hilarious!’ Carrie later Tweeted. ‘Oh wait, that was me!
Soon after she tweeted again, ‘I can’t move my toes. Is that bad?’
Finally she showed a picture of the big black cast that was put on her pedicured left foot and wrote, ‘Good news, it’s not broken…AND I got some new footwear! ‘
Later she joked, ‘At least I wasn’t drunk 🙂 You know I don’t drink on stage! I’m uncoordinated enough as it is!’
Tweets flooded in from fans wishing the platinum-selling artist a speedy recovery.
Carrie was passionately belting out a hit when the crash happened.
She was kicking up her heels when the back of her left high-heeled boot got caught in her flowing white shirt which was very long in the back.
The shirt was paired with super skinny jeans showing off her trim pins.
She fell backwards and landed hard on her bottom. Never did she drop her microphone or skip a beat.
The beauty kept on singing until her song was finished.
The American Idol alumni has two more tour dates ahead of her. On Friday she has to perform at the |State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. On September 13 she’s scheduled to appear at the a State Fair in Puyallup, Washington.
She will most likely be limping through those performances.
At least the songbird has plenty of time to recover for her big Christmas TV special, NBC’s live showing of The Sound Of Music. Carrie will sing alongside True Blood actor Stephen Moyer. The show airs December 5.
The 30-year-old lives in Nashville with her Canadian hockey star husband Mike Fisher who she married in a grand ceremony at The Ritz-Carlton in Georgia in 2010.
- Carrie Underwood Falls on Stage, Keeps Singing Like Champ, Tweets Photo of Foot Cast (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Carrie Underwood Injured In Stage Fall (contactmusic.com)
- Carrie Underwood Takes a Stiletto-Fueled Stage Tumble (people.com)
- Carrie Underwood Trips – But Doesn’t Falter – During Texas Concert (Forevervogue.com)
- Concert still on after ‘5-inch heel’ mishap on stage (valleycentral.com)
- Carrie Underwood Trips–But Doesn’t Falter–During Texas Concert (eonline.com)
- Carrie Underwood takes a fall on stage (video) (nashvillegab.com)
- VIDEO: Carrie Underwood Falls on Stage When High Heel Gets Caught in Shirt (gossipcop.com)
- Carrie Underwood is swept off her feet while singing, sent to hospital (Video) (examiner.com)
- Carrie Underwood Sporting Walking Boot After Onstage Injury (knue.com)