She was stuck in the sweltering city on one of the hottest days of the year leaving Peaches Geldof little choice but to strip down to a bikini top in a bid to keep cool.
The 24-year-old took her young family to the park to escape the muggy temperatures in London on Thursday.
As she strolled in the sunshine with her husband and adorable sons, Peaches pulled off her t-shirt to reveal a red and black bikini top.
The mother of two looked pretty in her midi skirt which featured a floral print, pairing the summery piece with a simple grey tee.
She finished off her look with some brown and cream brogues and pulled her blonde lock intos an up do to keep cool.
It looked like Peaches’ summery ensemble just wasn’t cool enough though as she later stripped off her t-shirt to reveal a skimpy printed bikini.
The star flashed some flesh, and some of her many tattoos as she strolled the city streets in the bikini with her husband Thomas and their two sons Astala, one and Phaedra, five months.
Tom, the lead singer of the band S.C.U.M, stayed casual in a grey tee as he pushed his little boys around in their double buggy.
And as our love affair with androgeny continues, the brogue is another piece of men’s footwear that we have taken for our own along with the boyfriend jacket and the boyfriend jeans.
However, you don’t have to go the androgynous route to buy into this trend. Make like Peaches and do the boy/girl thing, toughening up an otherwise demure, feminine, floral, mid-calf skirt with said item of footwear.
Now word to the wise: the brogue DOES have a tendancy to give one cankles especially if worn in a dark colour so make like Peaches and opt for a pair with a paler panel next to the ankle to elongate it.
The model married Thomas in a Jewish ceremony last year, at the same church in Davington where her parents Bob Geldof and Paula Yates married 26 years earlier.
The devoted mother will soon be seen opening up about her own famous mum in a rare interview about her childhood for forthcoming documentary Rewind The Tube, which airs on Channel 4 on September 20th.
Peaches’ mum first came to prominence in the 1980s, as co-presenter of the pop music programme The Tube, with the new documentary looking back at the anarchic show.
Peaches appears in the doc to talk about her memories of her mum during her childhood, before Paula’s tragic death in 2000.
The model and writer will be seen watching footage of her mum on The Tube, and commenting of her mother, revealing:
’The things she would say around us as kids was completely inappropriate, but it was like hilarious, you know.’
‘I definitely knew a lot more than I should about the ways of the world at eight than a lot of my friends because of my mother’s jokes, let’s just put it that way.’
‘Her presenting style is just like how she was, so it feels like having a conversation with her because she was just the same as she was on screen, like she was exactly the same if you were to sit down and talk to her. ‘
‘It wasn’t like a put on personality, it’s like how she was.’
- Satanic sex cult sucking in celebs? (iol.co.za)
- Peaches Geldof shares cute photo of her Jewish wedding dance (dailymail.co.uk)
- Peaches Geldof and husband Thomas Cohen make the most of the sunny weather as they head out for ice cream with their two little sons (dailymail.co.uk)
- Why I’m Ditching My Phone for More Time With My Daughter (thebump.com)
- Peaches admits mother was ‘completely inappropriate’ around the kids (breakingnews.ie)
- Peaches Geldof’s ‘innappropriate’ mother (contactmusic.com)
- Peaches tells of Paula risky jokes (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Sir Bob Geldof to be Given the Freedom of London (prweb.com)
- I’m with the band: the models and actresses who are marrying into music (standard.co.uk)
- Peaches Geldof cuts a sleek figure in form-fitting cigarette pants and chic striped top at BMWi3 launch (dailymail.co.uk)