She is about to strip down quite a bit as she tackles the role of Anastasia Steele in the much-anticipated big-screen adaptation of kinky novel 50 Shades Of Grey.
But Dakota Johnson looked anything but the ingenue on the Brooklyn set of Cymbeline on Friday.
The daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith was sporting an unflattering short brown wig and looked bloodied up.
Earlier in the week the actress was seen climbing through a window wearing just a pair of knickers and a grey vest over a lacy bra as she filmed scenes alongside co-star John Leguizamo, with her blonde hair blazing in full glory.
The revealing attire showed off the young starlet’s slender legs and pale complexion.
Dakota was filming inside what appeared to be a run down house in the area.
The actress’s upcoming drama is based on the play Cymbeline written by William Shakespeare, and also stars Ethan Hawke and Ed Harris.
But of course all of the hype surrounding Dakota at the moment is in relation to her new saucy role, and Wednesday was the first time she has been seen since news emerged that she had won the lead of Anastasia.
Dakota was also seen wearing casual clothes throughout the day.
The daughter of Hollywood actress Melanie Griffith and actor Don Johnson, was casual in a loose-fitting white T-shirt and a pair of ripped denim Daisy Dukes.
‘My beautiful child Dakota has been chosen to play Anna Steele in 50 Shades!!! Look out world! Here she comes!!!’ she wrote.
Charlie, who is 33 years old and British, stars in the dark biker series Sons Of Anarchy as Jackson ‘Jax’ Teller and also appeared in Guillermo del Toro’s robot epic Pacific Rim.
He gained fame on the UK drama Queer As Folk, on which he played gay teenager Nathan Maloney; the show ran from 1999-2000 and was remade for American audiences by Showtime (under the same title).
The castings closed waves of rumours about who would take on the roles – Emma Watson, Imogen Poots, Armie Hammer and Ian Somerhalder, among many others, were at one time tied to a main role on the film.
Producer Michael De Luca tweeted on Monday that Dakota and Charlie showed great promise when they auditioned for the roles together: ‘Auditions were stunning, incredible chemistry!’ he wrote.
The duo had to do a ‘chemistry read,’ meaning a scene on video, and Charlie also had several tests with various actresses; he seemingly wanted to know who his co-star was before committing to the project, according to The Wrap.
But since news of the castings emerged, there has been considerable backlash against Dakota and Charlie playing the roles.
Many have taken to Twitter to slam the choices and an online petition on Change.org has even been created in an effort to get the lead roles recast.
It instead suggests that Matt Bomer and Gilmore Girls star Alexis Bledel are far better choices for Christian and Anastasia.
The petition reads: Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too.
‘So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors.
‘They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING.’
The petition has so far reached 20,000 signatures and is still counting.
- Stripping off already! Dakota Johnson films scenes in her knickers and lacy bra as she emerges after landing kinky Fifty Shades of Grey role (streetfashinog.wordpress.com)
- Fans Petition For Alexis Bledel & Matt Bomer To Star In ’50 Shades’ (hollywoodlife.com)
- Matt Bomer addresses ‘Fifty Shades’ petition (popwatch.ew.com)
- Matt Bomer And Alexis Bledel For ’50 Shades of Grey?’ There’s A Petition You Can Sign (socialitelife.com)
- Fans Petition ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Casting, Producer Defends Choices (radioalice.cbslocal.com)
- Fifty Shades of Grey petition demands Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel replace Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson (metro.co.uk)
- Matt Bomer Finally Responds To The Furious ’50 Shades’ Petition Furore (contactmusic.com)
- Matt Bomer and Alexis Bledel Named in Petition of Angry ’50 Shades of Grey’ Fans (celebs.gather.com)
- Alexis Bledel, Matt Bomer named in ‘Fifty Shades’ fans petition (upi.com)
- Fifty Shades of Grey fans launch protest (theguardian.com)