She bailed on the Venice Film Festival to stay home and concentrate on her health.
But one thing Lindsay Lohan couldn’t miss was seeing her model sister Ali strut down the cat walk in Wendy Nichol’s Fall 2013 fashion show in New York City on Wednesday.
Although noticeably more fuller figured than when she left rehab, the 27-year-old actress embraced her new curves in a daring outfit choice.
Lohan arrived in a fitted, plunging black gown to view the designer’s Ready-To-Wear collection at the Elizabeth Street sculpture gardens.
The bodice of the dress hugged her body, giving the illusion of an extremely short mini dress, as a layer of chiffon flowed above to conceal her legs.
Seeming to somewhat blend in with her sister, the Mean Girls star sported a gold head piece as she allowed her red locks to lay in loose curls.
Yet, it must have been a steamy day in the city, because LiLo later styled her tresses into a low bun, allowing her skin to breathe a bit more.
Staying hydrated, she juggled a bottle of soda along with her cell phone and black clutch.
Thrilled to be a part of her 19-year-old sister’s fashion show – Saints Of The Zodiac, the Liz & Dick star greeted her with open arms and a warm smile, glad to be there to support her.
The two currently share an apartment in New York, following Lindsay’s 90-day stay in a court-ordered rehab.
Lindsay was recently scheduled to promote The Canyons in Venice, but she has since claimed that she was never even scheduled in the first place.
She insisted that she wished she could have been a part of the festival, but was concerned for her ‘health and well-being.’
She wrote on her website: ‘I was never confirmed to attend. Of course, I would have enjoyed returning to that wonderful city and being a part of this amazing event, but my focus is on my health and well-being.
‘Plain and simple, it is of the utmost importance.’
The movie’s director Paul Schrader had previously claimed the star was meant to be in Venice, but he couldn’t offer an explanation for her not making an appearance.
He said: ‘For the last 16 months I’ve been hostage, by own choosing, to a very talented but unpredictable actress. She was supposed to be here, she said she would be, but she is not.’
The star’s team posted a link to the note on her Twitter page, saying: ‘A note from me regarding Venice’.
Perhaps Lindsay’s decision to stay away from the film festival in the stunning city had something to do with Oprah’s advice earlier this month to stay home and take care of herself.
- Lindsay Lohan Has a Very Good Excuse for Skipping Her Movie’s Venice Premiere (streetfashinog.wordpress.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Claims Her Venice Film Festival Absence Was Essential For Her Health (contactmusic.com)
- Lindsay Lohan: I Was NEVER Confirmed to Attend Canyons Venice Premiere (gossipcop.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Writes An Open Letter Of Support And Apology To The Cast Of ‘The Canyons’ (celebuzz.com)
- She Did It! Lindsay Lohan Completes Rehab (starmagazine.com)
- Lindsay Lohan no-show was for her ‘health’ (contactmusic.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Supports Sister Aliana at ‘Saints of the Zodaic’ (justjared.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Is Determined To Get Better (thecelebpress.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Explains Why She Didn’t Attend Venice Film Festival (amcpress.me)
- Lindsay Lohan On Her No-Show at Venice Film Fest (reellifewithjane.com)