One year after she accidentally tweeted a topless selfie to her 16,000 followers, Alison Pill addressed the ‘embarrassing technical snafu.’
The 27-year-old starlet revealed on Tuesday night’s Conan that the picture was only meant to be seen by her then-fiancé, Jay Baruchel, who was out of town.
‘It’s a fascinating story,’ the Milk actress began, ‘involving not knowing that my new BlackBerry had a touch screen and responding to somebody on Twitter like, “Oh yeah, New York was great, it’s 9:30 on a Wednesday, also, apropos of nothing, here are my boobs!”‘
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
Alison – who has since deleted her Twitter account – then admitted, ‘It was a dumb thing to do, I suppose.’
Pill talked nervously of the incident but still looked lovely in her silk sleeveless blouse and red pencil skirt.
She continued: ‘And now I realize just how dumb and so embarrassing, so hideously embarrassing that for about three months after it happened…anytime I met a new person I [kept thinking], “Boobs! Nice to meet you, you’ve seen my boobs.”‘
In the snap, the Canadian thespian could be seen reclining on a bed wearing only a pair of black hipster glasses.
At the time, the former child star tweeted: ‘Yep. That picture happened. Ugh. My tech issues have now reached new heights, apparently. How a deletion turned into a tweet…Apologies.’
Pill was on Conan to promote the second season of Aaron Sorkin’s HBO series The Newsroom, on which she plays reporter Maggie Jordan.
On Tuesday, Alison’s co-star Jeff Daniels made the official announcement revealing there would be more from the hit political drama series.
‘It’s official. #Newsroom coming back for a Season 3,’ the 58-year-old actor tweeted.
The Newsroom is up for three Emmy Awards, including nods for Daniels, guest star Jane Fonda, and main title design.
But Pill and the rest of the cast will have to wait until the awards show airs live September 22 on CBS to find out if they win.
The Midnight in Paris actress has been single since splitting with the This is the End funnyman last February after a two-year engagement.
‘Working and living in Canada is something that [Baruchel] is very passionate about,’ an insider told Us Weekly.
‘He wanted her up there more often, but she really likes Newsroom and the opportunities that are there for her. They were doing the long distance [thing] a lot.’
Alison will also appear in the virus horror-comedy Cooties – due out October 10 – alongside Elijah Wood and Rainn Wilson.
The Newsroom’s current season runs Sunday nights through September 15 on HBO.
- ‘Newsroom’ Star Alison Pill: Topless Twitpic Was ‘Hideously Embarrassing’ (hollywoodlife.com)
- Alison Pill on Nude Photo Scandal: SOOOOO Embarrassing! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Alison Pill explains topless tweet (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- Alison Pill explains topless tweet (wdsu.com)
- HBO Renews THE NEWSROOM for Third Season (broadwayworld.com)
- Alison Pill finally talks about tweeting a topless photo (oddonion.com)
- Alison Pill Explains Errant Topless Tweet… Believe Her? (watch!) (theimproper.com)
- HBO Renews ‘The Newsroom’ For Season 3, Jeff Daniels Says (deadline.com)
- Alison Pill explains topless tweet (wyff4.com)
- Jeff Daniels: The Newsroom Gets Season 3 Order (tvline.com)