Well he certainly scrubs up nice!
Jake Gyllenhaal went from ready to workout to ready for his close up in New York on Tuesday.
The 32-year-old looked every inch the leading man as he arrived at the Manhattan studio for the Late Show With David Letterman.
Scroll down for trailer…
The slick End Of Watch star greeted fans and flashed his megawatt smile as he entered the building ensuring all eyes were on him.
For his appearance of the television show, the Oscar nominee donned a navy corduroy suit with a pale blue shirt and a skinny navy tie.
Adding to his suave style, Jake slicked back his brown locks.
However, the actor made sure he kept a little bit of a manly edge allowing his five o’clock shadow to flirt with being a beard and wore leather shoes that appeared to be well worn in – complete with scraps.
Jake also upped his cool factor turning up wearing a pair of tortoiseshell vintage sunglasses.
The arrival of the Brokeback Mountain star sent fans wild with many clamoring to get him to sign autographs and pose for pictures as he made his way into the studio, looking effortlessly cool as he did so, of course.
Earlier in the day it was a very different story, with Jake trying to keep a low profile as he made his way around his Soho neighborhood.
The Donnie Darko actor went for a walk wearing black basketball shorts, a grey T-shirt, his favourite black New York Yankees hat and sneakers.
The star made sure to keep the cap low so not to be recognised but happily chatted away on his mobile phone as he walked around, clearly not worried about his appearance on the live talk show later in the evening.
Jake was on Letterman to promote his new film Prisoners, in which he plays a detective trying to find those responsible for kidnapping two girls.
The gritty thriller also stars Hugh Jackman and Terrence Howard and is back by celebrity executive producer Mark Wahlberg.
The film is premiering at this month’s Toronto Film Festival.
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is Handsome In A Suit As His Movie ‘Prisoners’ Gets Rave Reviews (socialitelife.com)
- Get ready for ‘Prisoners’ promotion (gyllencrazy.wordpress.com)
- Jake Gyllenhaal, Can We Come Hang Out With You And Your Best Friend Atticus? (socialitelife.com)
- Jake Gyllenhaal & Girlfriend Alyssa Miller Stroll the Soho Streets (justjared.com)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Exits INTO THE WOODS to Focus on NIGHTCRAWLER (broadwayworld.com)
- Is Reese Witherspoon engaged to Jake Gyllenhaal? (ritani.com)
- Waiting For Jake Gyllenhaal’s Double (gyllencrazy.wordpress.com)
- Jake Gyllenhaal: New ‘Prisoners’ TV Spot! (justjared.com)
- Alyssa Miller Alyssa Miller in Lingerie of the Day (drunkenstepfather.com)
- Los Angeles Movies in the Park Series Will Show Donnie Darko on August 3 (prweb.com)