They are said to have called it quits for good earlier this year.
But Rihanna appeared to be in a nostalgic mood as she wore a large gaudy necklace widely believed to have been given to her by ex boyfriend Chris Brown.
The 25-year-old was spotted wearing the Christian Lacroix jewellery in New York for a casual outing on Tuesday.
On again? Rihanna wore a gold necklace given to her by Chris Brown for an outing in New York, on Tuesday
Tumultuous: The 25-year-old’s relationship with Brown has been volatile over the years with frequent separations and reunions
She tweeted last December, ‘he told me “you better not give it away”‘ of the gift, and it seems that despite their split, the singer has held on tightly to the gift.
The Barbadian songstress was decidedly dressed down for the occasion.
Keeping her feet warm, the Diamonds singer sported high top hiking shoes and skinny jeans.
Completing her Big Apple getup was a graphic jumper emblazoned with the message ‘Money Talks’ as she walked through the night time streets with a pair of chunky sunglasses and a beanie.
But the real item of interest was the chunky gold necklace.
The large piece of metal is believed to be a gift from Brown as the pop star tweeted a snap of herself wearing the same gold Christian Lacroix choker in December.
At the time she captioned the memento: ‘He told me “you better not give it away”.’
Meanwhile, the Battleship actress is next scheduled to take her Diamonds World Tour to the Cotai Arena in Macau, China on September 13.
Rihanna also just reached 4 billion views on YouTube, making her the most viewed artist ever.
But her ex doesn’t seem to want to be remembered for his time with Rihanna.
In early August Brown told his Twitter followers that he was retiring from making music after his sixth studio album X came out.
In a series of cryptic tweets, the 24-year-old seemed to suggest that his desire to quit his career as a singer and performer stemmed from his tumultuous relationship with Rihanna.
The recording artist said that he was ‘tired of being famous for a mistake’ he made when he was 18, referencing the assault charges filed against him by on-off girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.
During his Twitter rant he wrote: ‘Don’t worry mainstream America. After this X album, it’ll probably be my last album.’
And then in what appeared to be an overt reference to the Rihanna assault he tweeted: ‘Being famous is amazing when it’s for ur music and talent. I’m tired of being famous for a mistake I made when i was 18. I’m cool & over it!’
In 2009 Brown’s music was pulled from many radio playlists, in an unofficial ban, due to his criminal charges.
- Chris Brown Tweets ‘Love Rihanna’ Video & Disses Drake (hollywoodlife.com)
- Chris Brown: The Truth Behind His Rihanna & Drake Tweet (hollywoodlife.com)
- Rihanna Embraces Conservative Look Amid Rumors She’s Dating Drake (atlantablackstar.com)
- Rihanna and Karrueche Tran feud on Twitter (rollingout.com)
- Under her umbrella! Leggy Rihanna looks ready for some sporting action in her basketball tank dress (streetfashinog.wordpress.com)
- Chris Brown: Did He Diss Rihanna While Tweeting Love Advice? (hollywoodlife.com)
- Chris Brown responds to Rihanna and Karrueche’s Twitter feud? (rollingout.com)
- Details Revealed Regarding Rihanna And Chris Brown’s Failed Relationship (1015jamz.cbslocal.com)
- Chris Brown trying to make up with Rihanna? (unilagolosho.wordpress.com)
- Leggy Rihanna turns the sidewalk into her catwalk as she braves the rain for solo city stroll (sunstarxpress.wordpress.com)