(Getty | PacificCoastNews)
At this year’s MTV VMAs one of the more epic moments of the evening was when Taylor Swift seemed to utter the phrase “shut the f–k up” to One Direction’s Harry Styles when he took the stage. It was the ultimate diss caught on camera. However according to Swift’s tour mate Ed Sheeran
that “diss” wasn’t a diss at all. This is all a very simple case of misinterpretation.
During a recent meet-and-greet in Portland, Ore, the singer revealed that Swift’s f-bomb was actually a response to gal pal Selena Gomez predicting that Miley Cyrus would win the award for Best Pop Video (Gomez later went on to win it).
However afterwards Swift was well-aware that her little slip up was all caught on camera. “She went over to me straight after and said, ‘I think I messed up,'” Sheeran clarified.
Check out Sheeran’s explaination below and let us know if you believe Swift’s excuse.
- Ed Sheeran Explains Taylor Swifts MTV VMAs F-Bomb (hollywoodlife.com)
- Taylor Swift’s VMA F-Bomb: Ed Sheeran Says It Was Meant for Selena Gomez (eonline.com)
- Taylor Swift & Harry Styles Pose Together After Epic VMAs Diss (hollywoodlife.com)
- Selena Gomez Defends BFF Taylor Swift After One Direction Diss (hollywoodlife.com)
- Taylor Swift: Ed Sheeran Talks About VMA F-Bomb (justjared.com)
- Ed Sheeran Clarifies Taylor Swift’s F-Bomb at the VMAs (starmagazine.com)
- Ed Sheeran explains Taylor Swift’s F-bomb at the VMAs (oddonion.com)
- Ed Sheeran Explains Taylor Swift’s F-Bomb at MTV VMAs (aceshowbiz.com)
- Just in case you were curious … Taylor Swift didn’t actually say STFU to ex at VMAs (nashvillegab.com)
- Shut up! Ed Sheeran claims Taylor Swift’s foul-mouthed jibe at the MTV VMAs was aimed at Selena Gomez not Harry Styles (streetfashinog.wordpress.com)