Mayer, whose album Paradise Valley features a duet with Katy called Who You Love, insists not chasing ‘’fame’’ made him happier as a musician because he isn’t trying to force out another hit.
He tells Rolling Stone: “How great is it to not have to think in terms of ubiquity? That was hard man. I didn’t have any fun when I was trying to keep [my fame] elevated. It’s almost impossible. Now playing shows is all the fame I need.’’
Meanwhile Katy Perry says she’s maintained one routine from her marriage to Russell Brand: transcendental meditation.
The fact we’re on such different sides of the coin keeps conflict at bay. She’s a whole different vibration and I’m totally supportive
“I start the day with TM. It puts me in the best mood,” Katy explains. “I wake up and just prop myself up in bed for 20 minutes. It’s the only time my mind gets absolute rest. When I’m asleep, my subconscious mind is switched on and when I’m awake, I’m alert.”
Day & Night wonders if Russell has adopted any of Katy’s eccentric traits, such as wearing colourful wigs and bras made from cream cakes…
- CLAIM: John Mayer “Gutted” After Katy Perry Rejects Marriage Proposal (gossipcop.com)
- Divorce Deal: Katy Perry & Russell Brand’s Hollywood Palace Roars Off The Market – For A Cool $6.49 Million (radaronline.com)
- John Mayer, ‘Who You Love’? Evidently Katy Perry Following Duet And Restaurant Appearance (contactmusic.com)
- LISTEN: Katy Perry And John Mayer Duet “Who You Love” (now100fm.cbslocal.com)
- Paradise Lost? Or Paradise Alley? (oneworldpool.wordpress.com)
- Katy Perry sells home she shared with Russell Brand (contactmusic.com)
- Did Katy Perry Just Hint At John Mayer Relationship? (contactmusic.com)
- Katy Perry snoozes while getting makeup done (time4sleep.co.uk)
- Katy Perry Boards John Mayer’s Tour Bus for Long Island Stop (justjared.com)
- Katy Perry & John Mayer: Bedroom Blues! (starmagazine.com)