Getty Images Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones might be “taking some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage” but the actor still looked very committed to his wife while being honored in France Friday for his upcoming flick Behind the Candelabra. He was still wearing his wedding ring, in fact.
Douglas wore his very prominent gold band while in Deauville, France and smiled graciously for the cameras, though Zeta-Jones was nowhere to be found. Despite the relationship issues, those at the scene said the star was happy as can be. “He was adorable,” a source told People. “He was simply amazed at how well received the film was. I think this is really the first real audience screening since Cannes and he was awed.”
The actor even mentioned his wife on the red carpet, noting that Deauville is where they met years back, at the city’s film festival.
So far, neither star has made any mention of the D-word. Stay tuned for more updates.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas separate (cbc.ca)
- Douglas and Zeta Jones ‘take break’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas Over? (webpronews.com)
- Michael Douglas returning to French film festival where he met Catherine Zeta-Jones (nydailynews.com)
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Separate (people.com)
- Douglas and Zeta-Jones join celebrity break-up list (irishtimes.com)
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones torn apart by health battles (dnaindia.com)
- Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas separate (telegraph.co.uk)
- Catherine Zeta Jones has ‘issues’ (contactmusic.com)
- Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones separated: Report (dnaindia.com)