The last time Amanda Bynes was in the headlines in late July, she’d set a fire in a stranger’s driveway and soaked her dog in gasoline and was put on a 5150 hold by a judge. Well, things seem to be looking up. She’s even back to “loving” Drake.
Over the last few weeks the troubled star has been receiving court-mandated treatment at a Thousand Oaks facility. Now, a judge has just granted a long-term psych hold so she continues to get the help she needs.
TMZ reports a judge granted doctors’ requests for a long-term hold, for up to a year, but it’s highly unlikely she’ll be kept for nearly that long. Apparently the star has recently been transferred to UCLA Medical Center where doctors hope to monitor her for about 60 days then evaluate the situation. Her mother, Lynn, is now in control of the hold and is her temporary conservator. After the two months are up, Bynes will presumably be transferred to her Lynn’s home.
A publicist, who may or may not be directly involved in the Bynes situation, told ET this week that “despite some reports, Amanda is improving daily and responding well.”
- Amanda Bynes Is Going To Be In The Hospital For At Least 1 Year (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- Amanda Bynes May Be In Psychiatric Hospital For The Rest Of The Year! (perezhilton.com)
- Amanda Bynes’ Doctors Recommend Long-Term Hospitalization To Treat Mental Illness (radaronline.com)
- Amanda Bynes Transferred To UCLA Medical Center To Continue Treatment! (perezhilton.com)
- Amanda Bynes Transferred To Ucla – Report (contactmusic.com)
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Disturbing to Drake (guardianlv.com)
- Amanda Bynes May Need Long-Term Hospitalization to Treat Severe Mental Illness (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Amanda Bynes Will Get More Help (thecelebpress.com)
- Amanda Bynes Could Be In Psychiatric Hospital For The Rest Of The Year!! (lukewilliamsgossip.wordpress.com)
- Amanda Bynes May Be In The Hospital For A Long Time (sitchnews.com)